Trying to lose weight, but tired of the same old fruit bowl for dessert? Nice Cream Sundaes are the answer to all of your desperate dessert prayers!
Your desire for a tasty, creamy ice cream without all the fat and sugar – check! Your need for the vitamins, nutrients and fiber that fruit can provide – you’re covered! Your dread of being stuck with the same old boring dessert – taken care of! Your dream of dessert that doesn’t violate your women’s weight loss plan – we’re way ahead of you! You can unclasp your hands and get up off your knees now. Try these fun, weight loss-friendly nice cream sundaes, and get giddy over dessert like a kid again.
2 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon chopped nuts
1 teaspoon shredded coconut
2 teaspoons chocolate sauce or caramel sauce
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon honey
For Nice Cream:
1. A day or two in advance (or any day in advance), peel the bananas, cut them into evenly sized coins, place them into an air-tight freezer bag and toss them into the freezer. Freeze over night.
2. The next day, remove the frozen banana slices from the freezer and place them into a powerful food processor.
3. Blend the banana chunks for several minutes. The consistency will change from crumbly to gooey (scrape down the sides of the processor once in a while), to lumpy, to smooth. Keep blending until the consistency becomes creamy and slightly aerated, like soft-serve ice cream.
4. Place the nice cream into an air tight container and into the freezer again, until it freezes solid. This will make the consistency more similar to regular hard ice cream.
For Edible Bowls:
5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
6. Use a knife to cut off the tops of your apples and to remove most of the core (leave the bottom of the apple closed and intact). Use a spoon to scoop out some of the apple’s inner flesh, making it hollow like a bowl but leaving the edges fairly thick. **Note: keep the insides that you scoop out and use to make an apple sauce.
7. In a separate bowl, combine the honey and cinnamon. Drizzle the cinnamon honey along the inner sides and bottom of each apple.
8. Bake the apples for about 20 minutes, and then allow them to cool.
9. Once the apple bowls have cooled, use an ice cream scooper to place one or two stacked scoops of nice cream into each apple bowl. Drizzle over each sundae with chocolate or caramel sauce, chopped nuts, shredded coconut or any other healthy sundae toppings that you love.