Several studies show that one of the most effective strategies for women’s weight loss is to start your day off with a high-protein breakfast. Research has also shown that women who eat eggs are more successful at controlling their appetites throughout the day and losing weight.
Switch things up from your usual omelet with this simple, delicious, high-protein and unique way to eat your eggs for breakfast. Round it off with a slice of whole grain toast to mop up the drippings.
4 large tomatoes
1/3 cup of grated mozzarella
4 medium eggs
1 teaspoon of basil
1 teaspoon of oregano
Sea salt, to taste
Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the herbs and set aside.
- Slice off the tops of each tomato, and scoop out the seeds of each tomato, forming a well inside. **Note: Store the tomato innards in a freezer bag in the freezer, use it as a base for a tomato soup.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish, and sprinkle some cheese and herbs into the bottom of each cup.
- Carefully crack an egg into each tomato cup.
- Place the baking dish into the oven for 10 minutes. Then remove it and sprinkle the top of each egg with more cheese and herbs.
- Bake for 8 more minutes, or until the eggs reach the consistency you prefer.