While trying to responsibly stick to your weight lose program, it’s nice to have a good man by your side that really supports you. A man that tells you what a wonderful thing you’re doing for yourself. A man that encourages you through all the rough patches. A man that cheers for you through all the successes.
From the couch.
Gripping his beer.
High-fiving you with a hand still greasy from the all-you-can-eat buffalo wings he rounded on with his buddies at the pub on the way home from work.
Weight loss is something most women are concerned about in one way or another, in order to stay healthy, improve quality of life, and to feel good about one’s self. However, here are a few reasons why men need to make weight loss a serious priority as well, whether they’re feeling the (belt buckle) pressure to or not. Statistics show that, when men gain too much, they may have far more to lose than they think.
5 Reasons Men Need to Lose Weight
- Men have meatier mid-sections. While many men thwart the thunder-thigh theology that women get trapped in, they may have thicker issues to deal with. Many women are prone to gaining subcutaneous fat, which is fat tissue that develops under the skin and tends to congregate in the lower body, in the butt and thighs. Men, on the other hand, are more prone to gaining visceral fat, which lies underneath muscle tissue and surrounds vital organs, congregating in the midsection around the belly. Studies show that visceral fat is by far the more dangerous of the two when it comes to health, linked to a variety of risks and health problems. In fact, researchers now believe that the size of one’s waist is an even better predictor of health problems than the total amount of fat in one’s body.
- Men are kings of cholesterol. Abdominal fat is linked to higher “bad” (LDL) cholesterol and total cholesterol levels, as well as lower levels of “good” (HDL) cholesterol. According to Harvard Medical School, high levels of LDL cholesterol (above 130 mg/dL) signal greater health risks for men. Cholesterol and other minerals can harden inside arteries, forming plaques that block the proper flow of blood to vital organs. This raises blood pressure and reduces blood flow to the heart and brain, which can impair function and cause damage. Men under the age of 45 are at higher risk of developing high blood pressure than women of the same age. Zipping towards the Zipper Club. A complete blockage in a coronary artery can cause a heart attack. More men suffer from heart attacks at a younger age than women, and men under 65 are more likely to join the “zipper club” – undergo bypass surgery or angioplasty.
- Zipping towards the Zipper Club. A complete blockage in a coronary artery can cause a heart attack. More men suffer from heart attacks at a younger age than women, and men under 65 are more likely to join the “zipper club” – undergo bypass surgery or angioplasty.
- Men are mavens of mortality. Being overweight increases the risks of contracting colon, gall bladder, breast, endometrial, and other cancers. A 2011 study showed that men are more likely than women to die of cancer in North America.
- Limp instead of Pimp. High blood pressure, insulin resistance and plaque build-up in the arteries can interfere with healthy blood flow to the genitals. This gets in the way of sexual arousal and performance in the bedroom. Pair this up with the low stamina that often accompanies surplus weight, as well as the fact that body fat chemically de-activates the sexually arousing effects of testosterone, and you may find that your sultry evening of seductive pillow talk quickly becomes an evening of disappointing pillow flop.
If these reasons aren’t enough to boff your man off his bulging behind in step with your own weight loss endeavors, perhaps this reason might be: experts say that one of the best weight loss supplements for women is a supportive diet duo. When you have a partner to follow your weight loss program with you, the bumps become a lot more bearable and the successes become a lot more satisfying.
When trimming together, a weighty journey can start to feel a lot lighter, simply by knowing that there’s someone there with you to share the trip. If you have a man who is interested in weight loss, we do have SLIMQUICK Pure for Men!