Do you want to look hot? Do you want to get naked? Do you want to look hot naked? Do you want get naked, hot ‘n heavy?
If you answered yes to any of these – or all of these – then it’s time to check out some of nature’s dirty little secrets that can help you reach the look-hot-and-like-it-hot jackpot. Not only can losing weight increase your libido by improving circulation, stamina and sex hormone production, but it turns out you can also have fun getting there.
So put away the love letters and flowers, gentlemen. Save the scented candles for a black-out. The quickest way into our hearts – and our pants – may just lie at the local grocery store instead.
Incorporating these 6 sexy foods into your diet can ignite your metabolism and your mojo at the same time…have fun ladies…
6 Sexy Foods for Women’s Weight Loss & Sex Drive
- Celery. Not just for rabbits. Also for sexy playboy bunnies. Ava Cadell, Ph.D, reports that raw celery may contain a compound similar to androsterone, a male hormone that triggers female attraction when released from the sweat glands. Dr. M. Anderson and Dr. W. Gaman have dubbed this phallic finger food as “Vegetable Viagra”. Scrub, cut into sticks, tuck in some heart-healthy cashew butter, and indulge in this sexual snack on a sultry afternoon.
- Chocolate. Women all over the world breathed a collective sigh when The Journal of Sexual Medicine reported that those who consumed one cube of dark chocolate daily reported significantly improved sexual desire and function versus non-chocolate eaters (do those actually exist?). Dark chocolate that is 70% cocoa and higher is rich in phenylethylamine, a chemical that stimulates the brain’s pleasure center, as well as flavanoids that improve circulation. Chocolate could be just what the sexual therapist orders when you need a little provocative pick-me-up.
- Seafood. Smooth, slippery, salty…seaweed? Ellen Kamhi, Ph.D., R.N., H.N.C., notes that the highly nutritive properties of mineral-rich seaweeds support sexual function, such as kelp, nori, kombu, and dulce. As natural sources of iodine, they support thyroid function and thereby help to improves desire and sexual performance. And it turns out that fish can also turn you into a sex fiend, due to its high concentration of zinc and omega-3 fatty acids. While high-zinc foods are traditionally recommended for body fluid production and prostate function in men, they are also vital for women’s sexual health. Zinc is involved in the production of sex hormones and supports adrenal functions, which help combat stress and increase stamina. Omega-3 fatty acids aide in cardiovascular health, decrease triglycerides, and have a hand in dopamine production, a feel-good chemical released in our brains.
- Pomegranate Seeds. Spread the whole thing wide and move in for a raw, juicy mouthful, or enjoy each morsel on the tip of your tongue…however you prefer to eat your pomegranates, MindLab International at the University of Sussex found they can increase sexual drive in both men and women. Pomegranate seeds are rich in vitamin C, bioflavonoids and antioxidants, which support sperm motility, fertility, and significantly increase the sexual interest of both men and women, according to the study.
- Flax Seeds. Get sexin’ and flexin’ with flax. Most potent in their freshly ground-up form, flax seeds are one of the richest sources of lignans, powerful phyto-estrogens that help to balance out female hormones, counteract the symptoms of menopause, and help prevent breast cancer. Increasing energy and stamina, flaxseeds are also abundant in magnesium, helping to soothe stressed nerves that may lead to headaches…in case you really did have one…
- Spicy Foods. Chili peppers, curry, and other spicy foods contain a phytochemical called capsaicin, which can stimulate sexual arousal by triggering the release of feel-good endorphins and speeding up the heart rate. In fact, MindLab International found that men were even more sexually aroused by a spicy meal than they were after a passionate kiss from their partners. So skip the fine dining on your next romantic outing, and head over to the local Mexican food stand instead. Spoon feed each other from a bowl of hot Mexicana chili with a side of spicy enchiladas…the two of you may just not make it to the next course….